Daddy Listening to his Son!

Baby Countdown

 Pregnancy Ticker

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Our sweet little boy is finally here!

Jackson Adams has arrived! 10-8-2010 at 8:43pm. 6 pounds 5 ounces 19 inches long.

Friday October 1st, 2010 0100- PRETERM LABOR
I started to feel some contractions. I went to work and got off at 11:00am There were not getting better when I walked and were about 15 minutes apart (or so I thought). I called the doctor and Ethan and I went to the hospital. Come to find out I was in preterm labor. My contractions were actually 4 1/2 minutes apart I just couldn't feel all of them. At that time I was dilated to 1 cm, 70% effaced, and -2 station. My cervix didn't change anymore so I got to go home. Later that night my contractions became more frequent so we returned to the hospital. My contractions at that time were 2-3 minutes apart but still not changing my cervix, so back home we went to wait for our appointment on Wednesday October 6th.

Wednesday October 6th, 2010 1100- THE WAITING GAME BEGINS
I had continued to have contractions since our two visits to the hospital. We went and saw Dr. Miller and she stated we were still 1cm dilated and 80% effaced. I was put on bed rest. She said if we went into labor on our own they would let me deliver, but they would not induce me at this time. And so, the waiting game begins.

Friday October 8th, 2010 0930- "Either I peed my pants, or my water just broke"
Ethan and I were laying in bed watching TV, when I felt a gush of fluid. I asked Ethan to get out of the way. He asked if everything was OK and responded with "well, either I just peed my pants or my water just broke." I went to the bathroom and decided that there wasn't enough fluid for this to be my water breaking, so I went back to bed. In the next two hours I felt like I was leaking. I called a friend and she told me to "just call the doctor". I called St. Lukes and spoke with Liz. I told her "I don't know if my water broke or not" and she said "well I have the answer for you, come on in and we will find out". Ethan had to be to work in 30 minutes, so he called and got some people to take his shift. We made it to the hospital at 12:00. Liz was our nurse and what a fantastic nurse she was. She tested me with some special paper that tells you if your water did break. The strip had to turn navy blue. The first test she did turned light blue. Liz said "I would call this negative, but lets check one more time to make sure." The second strip was darker and she said "well, I would call this one positive." She got a third test ordered and we sent that off to the lab. We found out 10 minutes later that my water did break and we would be having our baby soon!

Friday October 8th, 2010 1400- JACKSON WAS BORN AT 2043.
We were admitted to our room. Ethan ran home and tied up some loose ends. While he was gone, my friend Lana came up to supervise. I had dilated to 2cm and was 90% effaced. I made sure the nurse knew I wanted an epidural. The anesthesiologist had to do a c-section and a appendectomy before he could get to me. Liz had to leave for the night, but my on coming nurse Jackie was just as wonderful. When she got here I was 4cm dilated, 90% effaced and at +1 station. About an hour later I had to use the bathroom Dr. Wollen came in to check me and stated there was another small bag of fluid that the baby was pushing on. This is what was keeping him in the position at that time. While she was checking me, the bag broke. Jackie explained it like this "think about a golf ball in a coke bottle". My anesthesiologist still had not arrived to place my epidural and my contractions were getting worse and worse. They paged the anesthesiologist again and he finally arrived within the next 15 minutes. Boy was I ready. The nurse checked me and I was dilated at 6cm. After the epidural was placed. They repositioned me in bed. I told the nurse that I felt a lot of pressure, so she checked me and I was at 9cm. With the next contraction, I had the urge to push, she checked me again and I was 10cm and complete I went from 6cm to 10cm in 5 minutes. Talk about a rush of pain. She notified Dr. Wollen and we got ready to push. My epidural didn't have time to kick in. I only pushed for about 10 minutes and Jackson was born at 2043. Ethan had the biggest smile on his face the entire time. He was my true support system. 2055- My legs finally went numb.

We got to spend one hour with our little guy with no interruptions. Our family was waiting in the lobby making phone calls. Jackson had a lot of visitors. My parents, Ethan's parents, Sara and Chris, April and Brian, Patty and MC, Kathy, Logan and Brynn, and Jeff and Laura.

Jackson was 4 weeks early but was able to breathe on his own. He is a great nurser and cuddler. He came out with a full head of hair. So far, he has Ethan's relaxed personality, but everyone says he looks more like me. I can never tell who a baby looks more like. All I know is he is darn cute:)

I am blessed to have such a wonderful husband who helped me through this! I love you Ethan.
We have joined the elite club of parenthood, so far it's AWESOME!

1 comment:

  1. Wish I wasnt sick or I would have visited you and the baby boy!

    ReplyDelete